Sunday, October 24, 2010

#36. Bling!


Buy a real piece of jewelry.

I don’t know about you, but it seems all my life I’ve never really had any fine jewelry.  OK – so yes, I did have a class ring, and various little heart rings from boyfriends in junior high. And oh yes, and a small diamond pendant once.  None of which are wearable at this point in my life.

So I decided to buy a birthday present for myself, and buy a real piece of jewelry. I was fairly open-minded about what type: earrings, necklace, bracelet, etc…but quickly settled on buying a ring. Rings are such statement pieces – don’t cha think?

Anywho, I started shopping. I checked out several websites including the good ones like Tiffany’s  and Cartier. These immediately did not meet the criteria for my list – too cost prohibitive – especially for the type of ring I thought I wanted!  So I branched out to other designers – including Swarovski and Alexis Bittar.  They had beautiful rings to choose from, but some were so fashionable they didn’t reflect the “fine jewelry” vibe I was hoping for.

At my mother’s suggestion, I decided to take a look at some of the local jewelry stores in our area. I rolled my eyes, and entered Dellinger's Jewelry in Kings Mountain, a tiny family-owned jewelry store in a tiny town in North Carolina.  All I can say is, never judge a book by it's cover...

behold, the perfect ring!  




















It has a semi-precious stone of something called “lemon quartz”, set in 14K gold with a sterling silver band, and some diamond dust scattered around the center stone.  I think it’s absolutely beautiful, and exactly what I was looking for to celebrate this birthday – big and bold.

PS – I tried to take a picture of the ring on my hand – but the pictures look like Thing as a hand model. (Ridiculous.)

I have to go now – my hand is weighted down by all this beauty, and I am growing tired with all this typing. (Wink)

The “Girl” 

No comments:

Post a Comment