Sunday, July 31, 2011

#2. My Tree

Whew!!  What a summer....!  I just got back from a beach trip with the female members my family - 3 aunts, 2 cousins, and Momma, of course. We had a great time - but it got me athinkin' about my family tree. 

So today - I am an official member of www.ancestry.com. The official family tree website.




















It's a little expensive - about $12.95 per month. But already, I think it's worth it. Many documents are available online: census, birth/death certificates, etc. It's truly fascinating! I'm a geeky history buff, so you know....anywho.

Good, interesting stuff. 
Guess what the professions were of both my great-grandfathers?





















Farmers, of course. (from the 1920 census.)

See? Cool stuff...

More to come - so stay tuned for August!

Holli a.k.a Girl Turns 40

No comments:

Post a Comment