Friday, June 3, 2011

#29. Beach Bums - My May Trip to Oak Island and Bald Head

Collective sigh.



















Not much to say - I've been surrounded by beauty.

This is Oak Island, NC - Beautiful, and my favorite part...deserted.





















Fun shopping in Southport. (A very old port city on the coast...known for pirates.)



















and great food...





































(Fresh strawberry-rhubard pie.)

Ferried over to Bald Head for the day.






































Old Baldy - the lighthouse on the island.



















LOVE the marina. I think I was pirate wench in a former life... I love the sea, and the vessels that float on the sea.




















Need I say more?



















Beauty everywhere...and in its simplest form.



















All together now.....Ahhhhh.

Holli a.k.a. Girl Turns 40

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holli,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Oak Island to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete