Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#16. Daisies, and Lilies, and Mums. Oh my.

Flowers are on my list of favorite things. (BTW, did you see Oprah's Favorite Things shows this week? Lordy.... it was cool. I'd add seeing her show in person to my list of "Top 40" things to-do, but obtaining tickets to the show are not exactly in my control...so you know. Anywho.)

I am fortunate enough to live in North Carolina, where there are four distinct seasons, of course...and love the changing of the seasons and colors as one season rolls into the next.  I love the flowers outside in the garden, and along the roadside - but I also love fresh flowers. (Don't you?)

Certainly, fresh flowers are typically for  special occasions. But... this is the year of "the fabulous 40", so technically this whole year is a special occasion! Hence, this month I placed a standing flower with a local flower shop. I had researched other options including a monthly order of Martha Stewart flowers through Teleflora, but ultimately decided that I enjoyed picking out the flowers that I wanted.  This month, I opted for good old-fashioned fall colors and flowers  - just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday!




















Mums, mums, and mums.  A few lilies, alstromeria, hypericum berries, and let the thanksgiving festivities begin!

Definitely loving #16 so far.....fresh flowers every month is "so posh, so nice" to go along with my pomegranate jelly from last month. (Missed that post? Look back at October...)

I can't wait for next month's flowers - I see red and green in my very near future.

GT40

No comments:

Post a Comment