Tuesday, November 9, 2010

#8. OMG. Massage Day.

Back story:
I have a very high-stress job, and it's taken a serious toll on my back, neck, and shoulders. Seriously.
Hear that clicking? It's my vertebrae rubbing together.... with constant computer work, and constant commuting - my upper back is clearly aging faster than the rest of me.

Present:
Thus, I have taken the plunge into the wonderful world of spas and massage therapy.

Oh my goodness.
Oh my.
Oh heavens to Betsy.... I had no idea.
It's sublime.

So, on keeping with my 40-drops list, I now have a standing appointment for a massage the first Saturday of every month. My massage therapist is Kim T. from Balancing Act. She was referred to me by a friend, and I have to admit I was a little nervous.




















Her place is very simple, but very comfortable.



















I have been to other spas, and admit I have mixed reviews with my previous massage experiences. Most spas I've visited have felt very "pretentious" which left me feeling very "awkward." Not with Kim. She's great - and the experience is not only comfortable, but wonderful for my back!

Love this fountain. Something about the moving water, is quite soothing.




And how about spa music? Is there anything like it? This time, my musical selection was breathy, soulful  flutes - with loooooong, very loooow tones... if-you-know-what-I-mean.

My fav part is the private bath. Yes, private bathroom. No more random, alarming naked people - that you'd really rather not...see, if-you-know-what-I-mean. *Sigh*

I just spoke with a friend who goes regular to a very well-known spa in LA, with a superb reputation - and she said it was like a factory. Gobs of people...gobs of naked people, and not very relaxing.

I'll take my little private suite, with my private massage therapist. Thank you very much.

Loose as a goose,

GT40

PS - Kim, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment