Thursday, December 9, 2010

#15. One word: Cupcakes.


I (“heart”) Cupcake Day!

Ever since the Cupcake Revolution began in early 2005, when Sprinkles in Los Angeles hit the scene and cupcakes began to be considered haute cuisine with designer looks and labels, I’ll admit…I’ve been smitten. Who doesn’t want a pretty ‘lil fancy cake just for herself? Hmmm?

Side note:
And what a disappointment when you select a cupcake from perhaps a lesser known quantity (say, not Sprinkles or an equivalent)…and it’s not good? Don’t you just hate to select ANY baked good that might look reeaallly good on the outside, and then it falls way short of what you were expecting?
I mean, if I am go to spend the calories….it better be beyond worth it.

So, back to business:
To my squealing delight, Polka Dot Bake Shop opened up – and let’s just say, Cupcake Day is a good day. For my 40 ‘drops’ list, I am treating myself to a cupcake from Polka Dot on the day of my birth – the 4th each month. (Obviously, if they are closed…say on a Sunday…then I would be forced to go another day, of course.)  

Polka Dot Bakery is a boutique, cupcake bakery – cupcakes are their only product, and they do it really well. Typically they have some regular flavors, kind of like a ice cream shop: Vanilla, Chocolate, Lemon, Tuxedo (more details later)….and usually a seasonal, like Apple Cinnamon. One word: Yum.





My choice this time: LEMON
I love lemon stuff. It’s always so refreshing, and delicious…and in this case: fluffy and beautiful with yellow-y, lemon-y sugar crystals.


 




















Move over Sprinky-dink… it tastes as good as it looks.





















The End. Literally.


Fat and happy,

GT40

No comments:

Post a Comment