Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy December! My 40th birthday bucket list continues...

It's the third month of "Girl Turns 40" and my journey of accomplishing 40 things within my 40th year is going pretty well, if I do say so myself.

Good stuff like massages, cupcakes, good books, fine jewelry, and fabulous trips have consumed my thoughts, and it's been a strange pleasure to focus on accomplishing these things. What I've noticed most is how previously (prior to the Top 40 list and starting my blog), I was consumed by work, work, work - literally living my career.  And now, after three months of creating, exploring, designing, praying, learning, reading, and writing (of course) - my mind is starting to be free. I love thinking about things that bring enjoyment, and I am enjoying my blog, which means I am enjoying my life....now isn't that what we all want?

(Pause, while I pat myself on the back...)

Bring on Happy December!

I decided that I need to make an announcement of my upcoming monthly book, movie, and TOTM (Trip of the Month) - just so you'd know what to expect. I think "expecting" is important....as the action of looking forward to something is the stuff of upcoming happy times, don't you think?

Movie Selection: White Christmas
(I've only seen clips of the swishing and swaying and singing with the red dresses trimmed in fur, and never the whole thing.)























Book Selection: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver



























TOTM: Charleston, South Carolina!! 
(Particularly, their 25th annual progressive dinner visiting three historic inns)

Looking forward to a happy holiday season....

GT40

No comments:

Post a Comment