Sunday, February 13, 2011

#16. War of the Roses

There are two types of people in the world:

People who buy or give red roses on Valentine’s Day.
and
People who don’t....They buy/give potted pansies, herb gardens, or bouquets of other flowers, like carns, daisies, or mixed flowers in red and white.  

Well. I think I am a bit of a flower snob.

I know an order or a “dozen red roses” sounds cliché at Valentine’s Day, and I used to think it was…but now, I don’t think it is anymore!  I decided to ‘pay it forward’ and use my standing flower order this month for Momma, so I gave her a dozen red roses for Valentine’s Day.



























You have to admit – they are stunning.

They may not be the most fashion-forward of floral arrangements, but we all know a classic item when we see it. It’s like the LBD of Valentine’s Day flowers.

So, anywho.....

Here’s a little rose trivia:

1. Guess how many varieties of roses there are – available for purchase throughout flower shops allover the US?

A lot, I’m sure. (tee hee)

I checked with a national wholesaler that actually supplies flowers to local shops – and they had 656 types of roses to from. 656!



2. True or False?
Florists sell more flowers on Valentine’s Day than any other holiday.


















False! Mother’s Day is the top grossing holiday. Not everyone has a sweetheart, but everybody has a Momma.

I hope you had a fab Valentine’s Day! 
Let’s all stop and smell the roses, and buy some too.

GT40


No comments:

Post a Comment