Sunday, May 22, 2011

#7. Lucky Seven


Well, it’s been ages.

My deepest apology for not posting – I’ve been on a little hiatus from Girl Turns 40 – but no longer! I am back with lots of good updates….so, let’ s catch up!
















Cue the music folks – it’s time to DANCE! (Lucky #7 on the Top 40 ‘Drops’ List)

One of my all-time favorite things to do is to dance…and I’ve decided the Girl doesn’t  do enough of it. 

It doesn’t really matter what kind of dance, I like it all:

DWTS/So You Think You Can Dance… Think DVR.
Salsa… Think the Conga Room in Los Angeles.
HipHop… Think Apple-Bottom Jeans. Boots with the fur….
Country… Think boot scootin’ and two-steppin’.
Shag… Think beach music, not Austin Powers.
Line… Hey, Macarena, I like it too.

So, it was Ladies Night at the local country western honky-tonk, and my friend Shazzie and I decided to try the line dancing lessons.  Free admission, and no cowboy hat required.

Surprise - There were no less than 100 people on the dance floor!




















Plus, a live band – Out of the Blue – very cool.




















We had a GREAT time, and we’re planning to go back this week!

Yee haw,

Girl Turns 40


PS – These pics are not great. Please forgive - better next time.

More tomorrow! Have to make up for lost time – so stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment