Thursday, January 13, 2011

Journal Meditation Update

I thought after my revelation of writing my meditations I should probably “prove” to you that I actually have been practicing....so here’s the proof.

Again, for those of you who are just joining, Journal Meditation simply means focusing what’s supposed to be meditative thoughts through your mind, down your arm, and out your pencil onto paper. I have found that if I concentrate on a particular topic (like “forgiveness”) – it helps to channel my thoughts and keep me focused. I typically go on to write down my prayers, mini-gratitude lists, and the like….and somehow this method keeps me from jotting down the grocery list.  

Please note: I have completely made this up. I have no idea if there is any meditation merit whatsoever. But…it’s a start. Please do not report me to the Meditation Police.

Anywho, my musings from this past week include:

GUIDANCE
Whew. Long, long list of stuff to be carefully monitored.



































PATIENCE
I start out with “Patience is not my virtue.” Need I say more?



































BEAUTY
Indeed. Everywhere.






























So, I am proud of my progress. I can look back on the week – and actually review little nuggets of wisdom….comfort in prayers….and gratitude for blessings.
It’s a quiet satisfaction.




GT40

No comments:

Post a Comment